The Holodeck B2B stack is growing! Today we’ve released the latest version of our AS4 gateway, as well as a new open source extension you can use to add AS2 messaging functionality to your gateway. Finally, we’ve also made the BDXR Common toolkit available – a set of libraries you can use to build SML/SMP clients.
Holodeck B2B 4.0
This latest release adds some important new features to an already highly configurable message service handler that still works out of the box.
- More validation options:
- Strict validation of ebMS headers.
- Implement your own validations that will run during message processing by the gateway. Problems that are caught kan be reported directly back to the receiver. On ebMS level messages can also be rejected based on business rules.
- More flexible configuration of retries. Interval times are individually configurable – for example, a very quick first retry and increasingly larger intervals for the following retries.
- More message processing events. These allow automated monitoring of message processing and let you follow up on certain events by a technical management system or on the business application layer.
- Improved logging. Operators can follow the message flow on various levels of detail.
- Option to add AS2 functionality using the Holodeck B2B AS2 extension. Chasquis offers even more functionality in the PEPPOL gateway, that adds auto configuration using SMP – including automatic selection of the correct protocol to use per receiver (AS2 or AS4).
- Introduction of a security module. You now have the option to use your own security module, which may be needed for specific security policies / business requirements.
Holodeck B2B AS2 is an extension for Holodeck B2B 4.0 and higher that lets you add AS2 messaging functionality to your existing AS4 gateway. Whether the gateway uses AS2 or AS4 can be configured in the P-Mode of the message exchange.
We have created this extension for businesses that need to make the transition from AS2 to AS4. Instead of having to switch from one gateway to another on a cut off date you can now plan your migration on your own terms. When the time comes for you to switch from AS2 to AS4, all you need to do is edit the P-Mode for the message exchange – no more than a few minutes work.
The AS2 module includes the following features:
- Signing (including SHA-256 and many others)
- Single attachment
- Configuration based on Holodeck B2B P-Modes
Download the Holodeck B2B AS2 extension from the repository.
BDXR Common toolkit
A toolkit containing libraries for building SML / SMP clients, to retrieve messaging partners’ metadata from the SMP. This metadata is then used to configure the gateway. This setup is required by the PEPPOL messaging profile.
This toolkit is aimed at developers who want to create their own client. It is not a ready to use SMP client. The download does include a sample client for you to base your work on.
Like Holodeck B2B, it’s design is modular and it can easily be adapted to the needs of your business environment.
Download the BDXR Common toolkit.